Myth #1: Bleach kills it. If you wipe walls with bleach, it will die.
Fact: Bleach will remove the surface mold but, it still exists behind the walls and will constantly regenerate and re-expose itself.
Myth #2: Mold is not harmful to your health.
Fact: The degree and type of health effects that mold may produce vary depending on the location, personal sensitivity and the amount of the mold exposure. Individuals usually react differently so it is possible for an entire household to have different health effects. Indoor mold usually creates skin related allergic reactions such as eczema, psoriasis and rashes. Indoor mold also commonly creates other health concerns as well: lung disease, headache, fatigue, dizziness and psychological depression.
Myth #3: If you have mold on the sheetrock walls, the sheetrock must be ripped out
Fact: Ripping out sheetrock doesnít kill the mold. The mold behind the wall must be treated in order to kill it. Mold can be treated using various procedures such as decontamination and fumigation, which eliminates the mold present and stops mold from growing any further...
Myth #4: If you donít see it, itís not there.
Fact: Mold can be both visual and non-visual form. Most of the time, mold is hiding behind the walls and hasnít surfaced visually yet. If you have a smell, or have had any water and/or sewer damage in the past, there may be mold present in your house, even if you have no visible signs.